The main reason people use a professional executor is to save their loved ones from this difficult task. With a professional, your family can relax and recoup, knowing that everything is begin taken care of.
Other reasons you might consider a professional are:
- Protecting your family from being liable for any mistakes made when settling the estate
- Getting the estate settled faster, so that your loved ones don’t have to worry about money
- Preventing your family from paying more inheritance tax than they need to
- Wanting an executor with the experience to deal with complicated wishes
- Preventing conflict between beneficiaries and executors
- Wanting an unbiased person who will settle the estate fairly
- You can have up to four executors for your will. So, if you like, you can choose a friend or family member to act alongside a professional executor. This gives your loved ones the opportunity to remove the professional if they decide that they’d rather not pay any fees. Most professional executors – including Will Help – will withdraw if asked to.